This is a tasty recipe for a non-alcoholic Banana Smoothie that is easy to make and fabulous for summer afternoons with the whole family. One of the best parts of this mocktail is that you probably have the ingredients right there in your kitchen.
- Pour the ingredients into a blender in the following order: honey, vanilla extract, bananas, vanilla yogurt and ice.
- Gradually increase the blending speed and blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the drink into a chilled glass.
Banana Split Smoothie Recipe
Take your favorite flavors of a banana split and liquify them and you have a Banana Split Smoothie.This is the basic recipe I use, but it is up to interpretation and it's easy to add and subtract ingredients to fit your mood.
It's a smoothie, you can do whatever you want. Some popular options include more chocolate, butterscotch, caramel, peanut butter, and coconut. There is also the option of adding a scoop of ice cream or yogurt (usually vanilla, but flavors are great too).
This recipe makes 2 servings. I like having the option of making a smoothie for two or making multiple batches for a group using some of those different flavors for each. Kids really enjoy creating their own blend.
- 1 medium ripe banana, sliced
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp honey or agave nectar
- 6 ice cubes or 1 cup crushed ice
- Whipped cream, chocolate syrup, and maraschino cherry for garnish