The Bottom Line
This is one of the best of the classic barrel shaped offset smokers and is popular with both the backyard and competition barbecue cooks. If you are serious about barbecue, want plenty of space to work with and are ready to tend the fire, then this is truly a great smoker. The excellent vent control lets you hold a controlled and even temperature (the secret of great barbecue). The large capacity will let you smoke enough ribs for the largest family gathering.
- Heavy steel construction
- Large capacity offset firebox
- Good airflow gives you the control you need
- May need a little modification to hold temperatures for extended periods of time
- Needs care to prevent rusting
- Cannot be shut down to put out the fire
- Large capacity cooking area and firebox
- Adjustable 2-way solid cast iron cooking grill
- 767 square inches of cooking surface
- Heavy 12 gauge steel construction
- Large wooden tray in front of smoker for use as a work table (deluxe version has stainless steel)
- Firebox warming tray for keeping side dishes hot
Guide Review - Bar-B-Chef Charcoal Smoker
Barbeque's Galore has discontinued this smoker.
In the world of smoked barbecue, there are the lazy-q pits fired by gas or electricity and there are the real wood smokers that require more attention and care. Of course, barbecue made from real fire with real smoke is better. The Barbeque's Galore Bar-B-Chef Charcoal Smoker is one of the best units for the backyard cook who wants great barbecue, but doesn't want to spend thousands of dollars to do it.
The Bar-B-Chef is a standard offset horizontal smoker, but it is one of the best of its type. The airflow design is simple yet very effective. You get great control with this unit as long as you are ready to spend some time learning its secrets. The large cooking chamber of this smoker will give you the space to smoke several briskets or enough ribs to feed the largest family gathering.
The very heavy steel construction means this unit will last a good long time. Take good care of this smoker and you probably never have to buy another one.
The Bar-B-Chef also doubles as a charcoal grill so if you need to grill a hundred burgers you're set. The large door also lets you get in and out fast because everything is right in front of you. The front table makes loading and unloading quick and easy.
This is the exclusive brand of Barbeque's Galore Stores.