These simple fried chicken strips are delicious with a dip and fries. Enjoy them with ranch dressing, spicy chili mayonnaise, or a Louisiana remoulade sauce. The recipe is made with chicken breasts, but boneless thighs or chicken tenders may be used.
- 3 pounds chicken breasts (boneless/skinless or thighs or chicken tenders)
- 1 bottle cayenne pepper sauce (any brand will work, we used "Trappey's Red Devil Cayenne Pepper sauce")
- 1 box cajun deep fry coating mix (we got the kind in a box, but you could use your own blend if you have one.)
- Slice the chicken into finger-sized pieces. Pour some cayenne sauce to lightly cover the chicken, mix so it's all coated. Refrigerate, turning now and then, for an hour or two.
- Coat chicken pieces in the Cajun coating mix, and deep fry at about 360° F until lightly brown.
You Might Also Like