Barret Wertz is a freelance writer who specializes in lifestyle editorial.
- Barret has written for The Spruce since November 2020.
- He has a Bachelor of Science in Marketing with a focus on Fashion from Virginia Commonwealth University.
- His work has appeared in AskMen, GQ, Men’s Health, Men’s Fitness, Men’s Journal, The Manual, Best Life, Essence, StyleCaster, and Byrdie.
Barret feels like a veteran of the lifestyle editorial space, having been a part of it in New York City for 15 years. After growing up in a small Virginia town, he attended VCU and received a Bachelor of Science in Marketing. His passion for the glamorous life then brought him to the “big city.” Following many years of successful styling work with incredible and inspiring talent including Alicia Keys, Taraji P. Henson, and Kerry Washington, he made the move to print and digital work exclusively.
You can see pictures of his dogs on Instagram: @BarretWertz.
Barret holds a Bachelor of Science in Marketing with a focus on Fashion from Virginia Commonwealth University.
- The Best Shampoos for Thinning Hair for Men, Byrdie
- The Best Anti-Pollution Skincare Treatments Every Guy Should Try This Summer, GQ
- 75 Best Gifts for Dog Lovers, AskMen
About The Spruce
The Spruce, a Dotdash Meredith brand, is a new kind of home website offering practical, real-life tips and inspiration to help you create your best home. The Spruce reaches 32 million people each month. Learn more about us and our editorial process, and our commitment to ensuring we are providing you with the most trustworthy advice by certified experts for your home and garden.