01 of 03
Basic Box Template for Customizing
This is a basic box template that is ideal for customizing. This box is as basic as they come - however this is what makes it so good for decorating and customizing. The template has been used to make the simple gift box above - however take a look at the next page to see what a few embellishments can do!
The box can be customized in a number of ways. Here are some ideas:
Continue to 2 of 3 below.
- Decorate the box with rubber stamps. It is best to stamp the box before it is folded.
- Attach a photograph to the front of the... box to give it a really personal feel.
- Use these boxes to contain party or wedding favors. Decorate the box so it matches other decorations or decorative themes.
- Add a flap to one end of the box.
- Make 25 of these boxes and number each one from 1 to 25. Hang these from a ribbon and use as an advent calendar or as a count-down calendar to any special occasion.
- Use old calendars or other unwanted materials to make these boxes. These can then be decorated further using rubber stamps and inks in an 'altered art' style.
- These boxes are perfect for using as the base for simple paper toys. Add features and arms, legs and other embellishments to make your own custom paper toy!
02 of 03
Basic Paper Box - Angel
The basic paper box can be dressed up in many ways to make an unusual gift box or ornament. The simple box template has been dressed up to make this angel. Some rubber stamped paper has been used to make wings and arms, a few pieces of normal kitchen baking foil has been used to make hair and a disc of paper has been painted gold to make a halo to create an unusual gift box which would also double as an unusual tree ornament.
See the next page for the basic box template.Continue to 3 of 3 below.
03 of 03
Basic Box Template
To print the template, simply clickHERE to open the full size version of the template. Then right click on that image and select 'Save Image' to save onto your computer. Print as required.
Tips for Using Templates
- To save paper, print onto scrap paper and then draw around the template onto best paper or cardstock. This will allow you to place the templates in a way that wastes the least amount of paper.
- Keep templates filed with a note of the website address. This will help you find the... page again if you need to (or save the url in your bookmarks).
- Most templates can be sized up or down on a printer or photocopier
For more gift box templates see - Gift Boxes and Packaging where you'll find a selection of gift boxes and gift bag templates for all occasions, including wedding, birthdays and general festivities!