These delicious little corn fritters are wonderful with syrup, or simply dust them with powdered sugar.
1. Sift flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Combine eggs, milk, and butter. Fold in dry ingredients [add more or less flour - enough to bind batter]; add corn last.
2. Heat about 2 inches of vegetable oil to 365°.
3. Drop the fritter batter by tablespoons into hot vegetable oil and deep fry about 5 minutes or until golden brown. Work in batches of 4 to 6, depending on the size of your pan or fryer.
4. Keep the fritters warm in a warming drawer or low oven (about 170° F to 200° F) as you fry more.
5. Sprinkle with powdered sugar or serve with syrup. Serve warm.