This lemon dessert sauce is a rich, custard-like sauce with eggs, sugar, and fresh lemon juice. It's similar to lemon curd but thinner.
Serve lemon sauce over gingerbread cake, bread pudding, pound cake, or ice cream.
4-Ingredient Lemon Curd Recipe
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In the top of a double boiler (or stainless steel bowl), combine the eggs and sugar. Whisk until smooth; add the lemon juice, zest, and butter. Stir to blend.
- Place the pan or bowl over simmering water and cook for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the sauce coats the back of a spoon.
- To test, dip a spoon in the sauce. With a finger, make a path down the back of the spoon. If the path is clear and no sauce runs into it, the sauce is done.
- Serve lemon sauce over gingerbread, pound cake, or bread pudding.
- Makes about 1 cups of lemon sauce.
You Might Also Like