These basic pralines are a New Orleans specialty. The creamy and buttery brown sugar fudge is filled with pecans.
- 2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 2 cups pecan pieces and halves
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 tablespoons chilled butter, cut in pieces
- Combine sugar, milk, and water in a 2-quart saucepan; heat to boiling stirring constantly. Cook until mixture reaches soft ball consistency (235°).
- Remove from heat; stir in pecans, vanilla, and butter.
- Immediately drop by tablespoons onto wax paper.
You Might Also Like