Pork chops and apples complement each other nicely, and this dish adds raisins and a tangy brown sugar sauce to the mixture. Also, it's a very easy recipe with only 6 ingredients plus salt.
Apples and raisins bring out the flavor of the pork chops in this slow cooker recipe but feel free to replace the raisins with dried cranberries. Enjoy this pork dish with potatoes or rice for an excellent family dinner.
- 6 pork loin chops, about 1-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 tart apples, such as Granny Smith, cored and thickly sliced
- 1/4 cup currants or raisins, optional
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
1. Trim the pork chops and discard any excess fat.
2. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork chops to the skillet and sear, turning to brown both sides.
3. Sprinkle the pork chops with salt and place them in the slow cooker; combine remaining ingredients and pour over the pork chops.
4. Cover and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours, or on high 3 to 4 hours.
Tips and Variations
- Replace the currants or raisins with dried cranberries.
- When the pork chops are done, remove them with the apples and raisins to a plate and keep warm. Put the liquids in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and continue boiling until the liquids are reduced and the flavors are concentrated.
You might also like these easy skillet pork chops with apples or these iron skillet roasted pork chops with apples and fennel. Or take a look at this recipe for pork chops with mustard and apple jelly.