Looking for the perfect vegan banana muffin recipe? Look no further, you've found it! Banana muffins are a very easy muffin for vegans to make because the banana can act as a binder and provide moisture instead of eggs. So you don't need eggs or even egg-replacer, which makes recipes such as this one perfect for anyone new to vegan baking (or new to baking in general) or just hesitant to try something new.
So, why not give this easy-peasy vegan banana nut muffin recipe a whirl?
Looking for a few more ways to use up ripe bananas? If you've got overripe bananas going bad in your kitchen, scroll down for a few more easy ways to use them up quickly and deliciously.
Like making homemade vegan muffins? Here are more vegan muffin recipes to try.
More easy vegan recipes to try
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup oil or vegan margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Pre-heat your oven to 360 degrees, and prepare a muffin tin by either lining or lightly greasing it with non-stick spray (I like to use a coconut oil spray).
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas with a fork till soft. Add the oil or vegan margarine and sugar and cream together.
- In a separate bowl, combine together the flour, salt, and baking soda. Combine with the banana mixture, stirring gently just to combine.
- Gently fold in the walnuts, if you're using them. You might also choose to just sprinkle them on top of each individual muffins before baking (some people also like to sprinkle a little extra sugar on top of their banana muffins just before baking).
- Next, carefully spoon the batter into your lightly greased or lined muffin tin. Fill each muffin about 2/3 full with the prepared batter.
- Bake your banana muffins in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.
Like these vegan banana muffins? You might also want to try this low-fat and vegan banana bread recipe, or, here are more vegan muffin recipes to try:
- Classic vegan blueberry muffins
- Low-fat vegan bran muffins
- Lemon poppyseed vegan muffins
- Fat-free apple banana muffins
- Sugar-free and gluten-free vegan muffins
- Even more vegan muffin recipes to try
- See also: More easy vegan recipes to try
Need some more ideas for how to use up overripe bananas?