The Basil-ica Cocktail is a good choice if you are looking to try something unique. Fresh basil is paired with Plymouth Gin instead of a London dry because Plymouth has that fruity profile that works so well against herbs. The elderflower and two bitters are just the icing on the cake that brings it all into balance.
- Muddle basil with the lemon juice and simple syrup in the bottom of a mixing glass.
- Add gin, elderflower liqueur, and the bitters.
- Add ice and cap the mixing glass with a Boston shaker.
- Shake for 10-12 seconds, the strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- To garnish, roll up the basil leaf then wrap the orange twist around and place inside the glass.
Recipe courtesy Chris Milligan, The Santa Fe Barman and New Mexico bartender.