Bat Chocolate Bars are a fun and easy Halloween treat and craft project rolled into one. These cute bats are perfect for party favors, goodie bags, class parties, and can even be given out to trick-or-treaters if you are feeling generous! You can also use them as decorations for a Halloween party!
They're so simple to make, this is a good activity to do with children. Older kids can draw and cut out their own bat shapes, while younger ones can use pre-cut templates and just glue the chocolate bars and eyes.
All you need are full-sized chocolate bars and a few craft supplies to make these spooky black bats.
Time Required: 15 minutes
What You Need:
- Full-sized chocolate bars (recommended: Hershey's Milk Chocolate bars or similar-sized flat chocolate bars)
- Black construction paper (1 sheet per chocolate bar)
- Googly eyes (2 per chocolate bar)
- Glue stick
- First, you will need to cut your black construction paper wrapper in a bat shape. If you are using standard-sized 1.55 oz Hershey's chocolate bars, you can use this template to create your bat shapes. Simply print it full-sized on 8.5 x 11-inch paper, cut it out, and then trace the shape on black construction paper. If your chocolate bars are a different size, you will have to freehand the shape. Make sure you make the wings large enough so that they mostly cover the chocolate bar when they fold over, and make the head and feet extend past the ends of the chocolate bar.
- Once you have cut out one bat shape for each of your chocolate bars, glue the bars into the center of the bat shape.
- Glue two googly eyes on the head above the bars, so they will stick out over the wings.
- Finally, fold the wings in over the bars and glue them together. Your Bat Chocolate Bars are now ready to be enjoyed!