Battle of the Balloons is an active and hilarious Halloween party game for adults. This one will really get your guests up and moving!
What You'll Need for the Battle of the Balloons Game
- Balloons (orange and black work great for Halloween)
- Strings of equal length to tie to the balloons
How to Play the Battle of the Balloons Game
To play this game, start by dividing your guests into two teams and put them on opposite sides of the room or outside if the weather is nice and the guests are willing. Have each of your guests grab a balloon and tie it to one of their ankles.
Yell "Go" and have each team wobble towards each other, using their feet to try to break the other team's balloons. No hands allowed!
When a person gets their balloon popped, they are out of game and they need to move themselves over to the side of the room.
Winning the Battle of the Balloons Game
The team who has the last person to have their balloon popped is the winner.
Battle of the Balloons Game Variations
Here are some variations that can make Battle of the Balloons a lot more fun and interesting:
- Give each team a few minutes to come up with a strategy. It will be interesting to see if an offense really is the best defense.
- Tie a balloon to both ankles. Double the balloons, double the fun.
- For a couples party, have each couple work as a team to protect their balloons and go after other teams' balloons. It will be interesting to see which couples work together to figure out the best strategy.
- Forget the teams and have each person play for themselves.
- Turn up the Halloween music and have guests dance to the monster mash during the game.
Tips When Playing the Battle of the Balloons Game
Here are some tips to help you stretch your dollar and get more out of your balloons:
- Plan this game for later in the night so you can use the balloons you've decorated with for this game.
- Double up the balloon game fun by having your guests guess the number of balloons you have before you start popping them.
Modifying Battle of the Balloons for Kids
Battle of the Balloons can easily be modified for kids of all ages and is a great addition to Halloween party games for children. Here are some ways you can change it up for the kids:
- Make it a race. Let the kids run from a start line to a finish line with the balloons tied to their ankles. The first one to the finish line is the winner.
- Get rid of the competition. Turn up the music and let the kids dance with the balloons tied to their ankles. They'll have a blast.
- Sit and pop. Make the strings longer or forget them all together and have the kids sit on the balloons to pop them.
Other Halloween Party Games & Resources
Are you looking for some other fun games to play this Halloween? Here are some other fun Halloween party games for adults.