The Bottom Line
All in all, this isn't a bad gas grill. The high BTU output is great for the size and for around $190 you get a functional grill and side burner. I would have rather seen the few low quality stainless steel parts eliminated in favor of better quality components, but if you are not expecting a lot from this grill in the way of durability and long term appearance you might want to look at it.
The burners are low quality and lightweight so they may not last. Hopefully, though, Lowe's will support it.
- Individual igniter on each burner
- Cast brass side burner
- Wide body design for stability
- High BTU output for the size
- Low quality top rack can't hold much weight
- Thin stainless steel burners not built for durability
- Poor overall construction
- No real support for this grill
- Three lightweight 14,000 BTU stainless steel burners
- 390 square inches of primary cooking space for a total grilling area of 640 square inches
- 42,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- 12,000 BTU cast brass side burner
- Cast aluminum construction with some lightweight stainless steel body parts
- Individual piezoelectric igniters
- Porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates
- Propane tank sold separately
- Distributed exclusively through Lowe's Home Improvement Stores
Guide Review - BBQ Grillware 42,000 BTU
BBQ Grillware is a name now licensed by Lowe's. These grills represent one of their exclusive in-house line of grills. They are made in China for Lowe's. So, like many of these store brand grills, this unit was designed to meet a price before quality of durability were considered. What you get from this grill are 42,000 BTUs under a primary cooking space of about 400 square inches.
You also get a decent cast brass side burner. Looking at the grill from the front and by lifting the lid you'd think you were getting a great grill for the money. Unfortunately, the burners are low quality and the construction is weak, but at a price under $200 you can't expect a lot.
On the other hand, if you compare this grill with many at this price level you're going to be hard pressed to get something this good. It's a, "you get what you pay for" situation with this grill. It will grill pretty well. The heating is relatively even and the output is actually very good. However the working components are weak and will be prone to failure. How long it lasts is going to depend on how well you take care of it, where you live and how much use it gets. These kinds of burners wear out from use, not necessarily misuse. If you don't expect to keep it more than a few years then this isn't a bad choice.