The Bottom Line
This model has been discontinued. See my list of the Best Gas Grills under $250 for a comparable model.
What Sears' refers to as an "impressive" gas grill is in actuality a basic, 4-burner model with no extras and limited quality. The heat output is good and even though the internal components and cooking grates are lightweight. This limits heat transfer to foods and quality of the parts limit the lifespan on this grill.
Of course, at a price well under $200USD, this grill is more than capable of grilling up burgers for a summer or two of cookouts.
- Low priced 4-burner gas grill
- Overly large for the price
- Lightweight internal components
- Prone to corrosion
- Four 10,000 BTU stainless steel tubular burners
- 413 square inches of primary grilling space for a total cooking area of 514 square inches
- 40,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- Porcelain coated steel wire cooking grates
- Electronic (AA-battery) ignition
- Powder coated steel construction
- Propane tank, cover, and rotisserie kit sold separately
- Made in China by Permasteel Hardware exclusively for Sears
Guide Review - BBQ Pro 4-Burner Gas Grill Model# PG-40408OOLD
There isn't much to say about this grill. It is a very basic, 4-burner model with lightweight parts. The cooking grates are porcelain coated steel wire which does not effectively transfer heat.
These type of grates tend to slowly shed their coating with will lead to rusting. Fortunately, before they can rust through, the burners will likely fail. All in all, this gas grill should make it about 3 or 4 years, depending on how it is treated and where it spends its life.
Like most Sears grills, this one is usually on sale, so if you insist on buying this model, look for it to be on sale.