From Beaumont Inn Chef Nick Sundberg:
This side dish is so popular that we offer it at lunch and dinner every day. The 3-step cooking process and the use of white corn make this a different and unique version of this Kentucky classic.
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups fresh or frozen thawed whole kernel corn, cooked
- 4 large eggs
- 4 cups milk
- In a lightly buttered casserole dish, combine flour, salt, and sugar; mix in corn and melted butter. Beat eggs and add to milk. Stir into the corn mixture. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place in oven for 10 minutes. Remove and stir with long prong fork, disturbing the top as little as possible.
- Return to the oven for 10 more minutes. Repeat stirring procedure.
- Return to oven for 10 more minutes. Repeat stirring procedure.
- Return to oven for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the top is light brown and the pudding is firm.
More Scalloped Corn Recipes and Corn Pudding Recipes
Fresh Corn Pudding
Scalloped Corn & Tomatoes
Corn and Jalapeno Custard
Confetti Scalloped Corn, Crockpot
Baked Corn and Tomatoes
Creole Corn Casserole
Kim's Corn Pudding
Cheddar Corn Casserole
Microwave Corn Pudding
Beaumont Inn Corn Pudding
Corn Casserole Recipes