Make this pasta casserole with ziti pasta or other large tubular pasta. Serve this delicious ziti bake with a tossed salad and garlic bread for a perfect family meal.
- 16 ounces ziti or other large tubular pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 4 to 6 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 jar (25 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese or a combination of mozzarella and cheddar
- Grease a 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Heat oven to 350°.
- Cook pasta in boiling water following package directions. Drain and rinse with hot water.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Brown the ground beef for about 5 minutes. Add onion, green pepper, and mushrooms and continue cooking, stirring frequently, until beef is no longer pink and vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the spaghetti sauce, cream of mushroom soup, and diced tomatoes. Cook, stirring, until hot. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Spread half of the pasta in the prepared baking dish. Spoon half of the sauce over the pasta, then top with half of the cheese. Repeat layers with the remaining pasta, sauce, and cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
Rigatoni With Sausage and Parmesan
Baked Ziti with Italian Sausage
Easy Baked Ziti
Penne Pasta and Cheese Bake
Penne Pasta with Meat Sauce
Family Favorite Macaroni and Cheese
Macaroni and Cheese