This is a great tasting spaghetti pie made with ground beef and Mozzarella cheese. Add a salad and biscuits for a tasty everyday meal.
Use a jar of spaghetti sauce in this recipe or your favorite homemade sauce. This would also be excellent with Italian sausage meat instead of the ground beef.
Favorite Meaty Lasagna
- 6 ounces of uncooked spaghetti
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 jar (approximately 16 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (11 to 15 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced in rings or in strips
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
Cook spaghetti as package directs; drain and rinse with cool water.
In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs with the Parmesan cheese. Add the cooked drained spaghetti and toss to blend.
Place in a greased 9-inch square baking dish or large, deep-dish pie plate. Press over the bottom and up sides of pan to form a "crust."
In a large skillet over medium heat, brown ground beef with onion and mushrooms; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and corn.
Spoon beef and sauce mixture over spaghetti "crust." Top with bell pepper and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
Bake at 350° for 25 minutes, or until the filling is hot and cheese is melted and lightly browned..
Serves 4 to 6.