These beef tips are simmered for several hours, or until the beef is very tender. It's a stovetop recipe, but can be cooked in the slow cooker as well. See the variations below the recipe for slow cooker directions and some other variations.
1. Brown the beef and onions together; add salt and pepper. Cover with the beef broth. Cover and simmer over low heat for 4 hours, or until meat is fork tender.
2. Combine the cornstarch with the water and stir until smooth.
3. Stir the cornstarch mixture into the simmering liquid. Cook, stirring, for a few more minutes, or until thickened.
4. Serve over with rice or noodles with a vegetable on the side.
- Slow Cooker - Combine the beef, onion, salt and pepper, and 1 cup of beef broth in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 5 to 7 hours, or until the beef is very tender. Strain the liquids into a saucepan and place it over medium heat. Bring to a simmer. Combine the cornstarch and water to form a smooth mixture; stir the cornstarch mixture into the liquids and cook, stirring, until thickened. Add the sauce back to the beef tips and serve over rice or noodles.
- Add 1 cup of sliced fresh mushrooms to the skillet with the beef and onions. Or add 1 small can or jar of mushrooms (drained) to the beef tips along with the beef broth.
Shared by Tonya
You Might Also Like