- Cut the beef into bite-sized chunks. Add the marinade ingredients, adding the cornstarch last.
- Marinate beef for twenty minutes.
- While marinating beef, prepare the sauce and vegetables. In a small bowl, mix the soy sauce, sugar, chicken broth and chile paste. In a separate small bowl, dissolve the cornstarch in the water. Set aside.
- Rinse the black beans and let sit for a few minutes to soften. Use a cleaver or knife to chop finely. Mince the garlic and mash with the black beans.
- String the celery and peel the carrots. Cut on the diagonal into thin slices. Cut the green onion into thirds.
- Heat wok and add 2 tablespoons of oil. When oil is ready, add the scallion. Stir-fry briefly, then add the carrot and celery. Stir-fry until tender and crisp. Remove vegetables from the wok and set aside.
- Reheat the wok and add 3 tablespoons of oil. When the oil is hot, add the mashed garlic and black beans. Stir-fry until fragrant. Add the marinated beef. Stir-fry until there is no redness in the beef.
- Add the sauce in the middle of the wok. Give the cornstarch/water mixture a quick stir and add in the middle of the wok. stirring quickly to thicken. When the sauce is boiling add the cooked vegetables. Mix well. Remove from the heat and stir in the sesame oil. Serve hot.
Top Beef Stir-fry Recipes