This is a spirited, flavorful pork loin, made with dark beer, vegetables, and seasonings. This pork loin roast makes a fabulous meal with potatoes and a vegetable salad.
- 1 pork loin roast, about 5 pounds
- 3 cups chopped onion
- 4 to 6 carrots, pared and diced
- 12 ounces dark beer
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 whole cloves
- Brown pork loin roast in hot oil in a large Dutch oven or roasting pan. Drain all but 3 tablespoons of fat from pan.
- Sauté onions and carrots until softened; stir in beer, salt, pepper, bay leaf, and whole cloves.
- Return pork to pan or Dutch oven and cover tightly with aluminum foil. Bake at 350° for 2 hours, or until pork is tender.
- Place pork loin on a serving platter and keep warm.
- Pour cooking liquid from pan into a large bowl; skim off fat and remove bay leaf.
- Place liquid with vegetables into a blender; cover and process at low speed until smooth. Or, press through sieve or process in a food processor in batches.
- Pour processed beer sauce into a saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring often. Spoon sauce over sliced pork to serve. Pork loin recipe serves 8.
You Might Also Like