Hangers have gone upscale: there are literally hundreds of different types of hangers, but the best ones keep it simple. Choose hangers that fit your specific wardrobe, not because they look or sound like something you should have.
You want hangers that actually fit your clothing. If you hang your overcoat on a child-sized hanger, the hanger cannot properly support the shoulders of your garment. The coat will wrinkle--or worse, lose its shape. Skirt hangers can be used to hang pants, but you can't use pants hangers to hang skirts, unless you fold them over, which can cause wrinkles.
01 of 11
With very few exceptions, belt hangers and organizers are also designed to hang and organize ties. More on ties below, but rest assured you can interchange any of these between the two.
- A classic accessory loop holds ties, belts, scarves, and necklaces.
- Hanging belt organizer is perfect for a small belt collection.
- While this vertical tie and belt hanger is more suited to a medium-to-large collection.
02 of 11
Blankets and Comforters
Get those bulky blankets and comforters out of the way on a hanger.
This hanger is big enough to store your blankets and comforters hanging in the closet.
03 of 11
Kid's clothes are more narrow than adults so they get their own hangers.
- Kid's skirt hangers are great because they also come with clips.
- The children's tubular hanger is a good basic (and makes a great shower gift!).
- These kid's huggable hangers are space-saving.
- And here's a hanger designed for children-sized's skirts.
04 of 11
You've got a few options here depending on your style and the size of your closet.
Continue to 5 of 11 below.
- Use a matte hanger for coats, suit jackets, and blazers.
- These wooden hangers are perfect for a blazer or overcoat.
05 of 11
06 of 11
07 of 11
08 of 11
Use a skirt hanger for skirts, delicate scarves, or to hang trousers upside down.
Continue to 9 of 11 below.
- Soft matte skirt hanger is space-saving.
- And this skirt hanger has slide-able clips so you can adjust for size.
09 of 11
Shirts, Blouses, and Button-Downs
Huggable hangers are great for people with small closets or lots and lots of clothes. However, if you plan on keeping an item of clothing for the long-haul, consider investing in a wooden hanger:
- Basic wood hanger for women's: blouses, shirts, blazers, light-weight coats
- Over-sized wood hanger for men's: shirts, overcoats, blazers, suits
- We love the look of these platinum Huggable hangers.
10 of 11
11 of 11