- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped yellow onions
- 2 teaspoons minced jalapeno or serrano chilies
- Salt, to taste (sea salt or kosher salt is always best, in my opinion!)
- 2 large ripe avocadoes, peeled and seeded
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped plum tomato (1 small tomato)
- 2 teaspoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- Warm tortilla chips, for serving
- Mash together 1 tablespoon of the cilantro, 1 teaspoon of the onion, 1 teaspoon of the minced chiles, and a dash of sea salt or kosher salt in the bottom of a medium-size bowl.
- Add the avocados and gently mash with a fork until chunky-smooth.
- Fold the remaining cilantro, onion, and chile into the mixture.
- Stir in the tomato and lime juice, adjust the seasonings to taste, and serve with a basket of warm tortilla chips.
Makes 4 servings of the best guacamole dip ever!
Nutritional information per serving:
191 calories, 2.4 grams protein, 18.5 grams fat, 8 grams carbohydrate
Got leftover guacamole? My colleague Molly has a great tip on how to keep guacamole green by storing leftovers properly.