This super easy rhubarb dump cake is made with layers of ingredients, including fresh diced rhubarb, strawberry flavored gelatin and a cake mix. It's a great way to use that spring and summer rhubarb!
Feel free to replace a cup or two of the rhubarb with sliced fresh strawberries or whole frozen strawberries. Top the warm cake with ice cream or sweetened whipped cream.
- 5 cups of cubed fresh rhubarb (cut in 1-inch to 1 1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 package (3 ounces) of strawberry flavored gelatin - may be sugar-free
- 1 white cake mix (2-layer size, about 18 ounces)
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup melted margarine or butter
- Butter a 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking dish. Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Put the cubed rhubarb in the baking dish.
- Top with the granulated sugar, then sprinkle the gelatin over the sugar.
- Sprinkle the dry cake mix over the gelatin layer, then pour the water over the cake mix layer.
- Drizzle the melted butter over all. Do not stir or mix the ingredients.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 50 to 60 minutes.
- Serve the cake warm with sweetened whipped cream, ice cream, or frozen (thawed) whipped topping.
Tips and Variations
- Replace the white cake mix with a yellow or butter cake mix.
- Add 1 cup of sliced fresh strawberries along with 4 cups of rhubarb.
You Might Also Like