This top-rated beef stew recipe was shared by Beverly. It's a classic combination of beef stew meat, potatoes, carrots, and tomato soup.
Cook this beef stew on the stovetop or in the slow cooker.
Related Recipe: Perfect Slow Cooker Beef Stew
- 2 to 2 1/2 pounds beef stew meat
- 2 tablespoons bacon drippings (or oil, or shortening)
- 2 cups onions (chopped)
- 1/2 cup celery (sliced)
- 5 large potatoes (cut into eighths)
- 4 to 5 large carrots (cut into 2-inch slices)
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Optional: garlic powder
- 1 can/10 1/2 ounces condensed tomato soup
- Brown stew beef in bacon drippings or other fat. Add chopped onions and sliced celery and cook until tender.
- Transfer meat and onion mixture, remaining vegetables and seasonings, soup, and a soup can of water to the crock.
- Cook on LOW 8 to 10 hours - HIGH 5 to 6 hours.
- Check occasionally and add a little water if necessary.
- Serve with a crusty bread.
- Brown stew meat in bacon drippings or shortening. Add chopped onions and sliced celery and cook until tender.
- Add vegetables and seasonings.
- Add soup and a soup can of water.
- Simmer over lowest heat for about 2 1/2 to 3 hours, or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- Add more water as needed.
You Might Also Like