Many couples are very spiritual and religious and turn to Bible verses in pregnancy to help calm their fears and bolster their spirits. These are one type of pregnancy affirmation, but there are also affirmations for getting pregnant, pregnancy and even labor and childbirth. You can use these Bible verses by reading one each night or studying the meaning for your life. You can also have one verse last you for a whole week.
Often women will use them throughout their pregnancy and then bring them with them as a source of comfort at the time of birth. These are not bible quotes about pregnancy, but rather an inspiration for pregnancy. Mentions of pregnancy in the bible are few and far between.
"I really enjoyed reading these verses from the Bible," remembers one mother. "They really helped keep me grounded."
Here are a select few Bible verses from the Old and New Testament:
- And when her days to be delivered were fulfilled, behold, there were twins in her womb.
- And the woman conceived; and she sent and told David, and said: 'I am with child.'
2 Samuel 11:5
- Be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead!
I Peter 1:6
- I sought the Lord and He answered me; He delivered me from all my fears.
- I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go, I will counsel you and watch over you.
- Cast your cares upon the Lord, for he cares about you.
I Peter 5:7
- The kingdom of God is within you.
- Stand still and consider the wondrous works of God.
- God has poured out his love into our hearts.
- I will give you peace and quietness.
I Chronicles 16:11
- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
- Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
- For God did not give us the spirit of fear, but a spirit of power, of love, and of self-control.
II Timothy 1:7
- Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
- Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.
- He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.
- A woman, when she is in labor, has sorrow because her hour has come; But as soon as she has given birth, she no longer remembers the anguish, For joy that a child has been born into the world.
- Commit everything you do to the Lord. Trust Him, and He will help you. Be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait patiently for Him to act.
- If you fully obey the LORD your God and carefully keep all his commands that I am giving you today, the LORD your God will set you high above all the nations of the world. You will experience all these blessings if you obey the LORD your God: Your children and your crops will be blessed.
The LORD will give you prosperity in the land he swore to your ancestors to give you, blessing you with many children, numerous livestock, and abundant crops.
Deuteronomy 28:1-2, 4, 11