Word games such as word search puzzles are an excellent way for children to improve their vocabulary and spelling in an enjoyable way. These free word search printables focusing on various Biblical themes will make a great Sunday School activity.
Online Bible Word Search Games
- Bible Word Search Puzzles - A comprehensive resource featuring dozens of free word search puzzles on topics mentioned in the Bible. The smaller puzzles use ten to twelve themed entries in a small grid; the larger puzzles have about 40 in a larger grid. Once you've found all the words in the puzzle, the leftover letters will reveal the mystery word. Play the game online or print and solve. Solutions provided.
- Bible Word Search Puzzle Game - Ten themed word search puzzles of medium difficulty to solve online or on paper.
- Religious Easter Word Search - Three different word lists are provided in this word search game of medium difficulty: Easter, Jesus, and the Apostles.
- Resurrection Sunday Word Search - A more challenging Christian word search puzzle with 25 themed entries that need finding. Play online or print.
- Online Bible Word Searches - Here, you'll find several word search games of medium difficulty to play online. Java and Flash.
Printable Bible Word Search Puzzles
Print-friendly Bible word search games abound on the 'Net. Here's a sampling of the many Bible word search puzzles available for printing. The puzzles are ranked in difficulty from the easiest to the most challenging.
- Easter Word Search - In this easy word search puzzle, you need to find six themed entries in a medium-sized grid of letters.
- Bible Coloring Pages - Several easy word search games, as well as crosswords and coloring pages, can be found here.
- Christian Printable Activity Pages - Here, you'll find many different activities for young children. The word search games featured on this page are quite easy and are well-suited to use as a fun Sunday School activity.
- Print and Play Bible Word Puzzles - Themes such as the Nativity, Noah's Ark, the Apostles and more appear in this series of print-friendly word search games. The puzzles range in difficulty, from fairly easy to quite challenging.
- Christian Family Bible Wordsearch Puzzles - Each month, you'll find a new free word search game to print and solve. The puzzles are of medium difficulty, with a fair number of entries to find in a medium-sized grid. Once all the entries have been found, use the remaining letters to spell out a verse from the Bible.
- John's Word Search Puzzles - The Bible - Word search fans will find dozens of word search games covering the Old and New Testaments, several parables, and books from the Bible. These puzzles are of medium difficulty and best suited to older children and adults.
- Free printable bible-based word-search puzzles - These word search games are quite challenging, most with word lists of between 50 and 70 entries. The puzzles are available in normal as well as large-print versions for easier reading.
- Bible Word Search Puzzles - Lots of word search puzzles with Biblical themes for solving on your computer screen.
- 50 Free Bible Word Search Puzzles - If you still haven't found what you're looking for, check out this directory of free bible word search games from About Freebies.
Crosswords are a great way to develop vocabulary skills and have fun, too! Here are some free Bible crossword games to keep the kids amused and occupied.
Printable Bible Crossword Puzzles
Print out these free crossword puzzle worksheets for a bit of Sunday school fun.
- Easter Crossword - Here's a very easy crossword game featuring terms related to Easter. The list of words or phrases used in the puzzle appears below if the solver needs a helping hand.
- The Book of Genesis Crossword - Fourteen entries related to the book of creation are featured in this easy crossword game.
- The Resurrection of Jesus Christ Crossword - In this freeform crossword puzzle, the fifteen entries all have to do with Christ's resurrection as it is told in the books of Matthew and Mark. Solution provided.
- The Birth of Jesus Crossword - This easy puzzle has clues relating to the story of the Nativity.
- Adam and Eve Crossword - An easy criss-cross style puzzle with 16 themed entries.
- Christian Printable Activity Pages - Numerous activities with themes related to Christianity can be found here. Scroll down for several easy crossword games which are great for young solvers.
- LDS Crossword Puzzles - About Latter-day Saints has provided a number of crossword puzzle games for puzzlers of all ages.
- Print and Play Bible Word Puzzles - Here, you'll find twenty crossword games of medium difficulty. Most have about 25 themed entries and cover subjects such as fathers from the Bible, Noah and the Ark, Jonah and the Big Fish and other stories from the Bible.
Online Bible Crossword Puzzle Games
For those who prefer solving crossword puzzles online, we have a number of crossword games for intermediate to advanced solvers.
- Bible Crossword Puzzles - Two types of interactive crossword games are found here. The small puzzles use the lattice-style grid appearing in most crossword puzzles meant for educational purposes and have about 15 entries, making them a good choice for children at the elementary school level. The full-size puzzles use the standard, 15x15, American-style grid used in most newspaper crosswords published in North America. Some, but not all, of the clues are related to the Bible. These crossword games are best suited to older children and adults.
- Online Bible Crossword Puzzles - These crossword games feature people in the Bible, the story of creation, psalms and many other biblical themes. The puzzles are of varying difficulty levels, some are very easy, but others are quite challenging.
- Bible Crosswords - In these standard, American-style crossword games, all the clues are Bible-related. Quotes from the Bible are used as clues, simply fill in the blank to solve them. References to the passages in the Bible from which the clue was taken are provided for you to look up if necessary. Good for older children and adults.
- Bible Crossword Puzzle - An automatically generated crossword game with over 65 questions to test your knowledge of the Bible. About 15 word/phrases are selected at random to create an online crossword game.
Free Bible jigsaw puzzles to play on your computer or to print and piece together on paper.
Free Printable Bible Jigsaw Puzzles
Easy jigsaw puzzles games for young puzzlers.
- Love your Enemies Jigsaw Puzzle - This worksheet consists of several puzzle pieces to cut out and place on a heart-shaped 'tray'. Once complete, the puzzle spells out a verse from the Bible.
- Solomon's Temple Jigsaw Puzzle - An 8x5, 40-piece jigsaw game to print, color and cut out. Cutting apart the pieces requires a good amount of manual dexterity, though.
- Matthew 22:37 Great Commandment Heart Jigsaw Puzzle - Piece together the fourteen puzzle pieces so they form a heart and it will spell out the Bible verse mentioned in the title.
- James 2:23 How to be a Friend of God Jigsaw Puzzle - An easy, 10-piece puzzle to print, color and piece together.
- Put Jesus in the Center of your Life! - Young children will enjoy cutting apart and piecing together this 10-piece color illustration.
- The Lord's Prayer Jigsaw Puzzle - this 12-piece jigsaw game has a piece cut that's easy for youngsters to work with. The finished puzzle spells out The Lord's Prayer.
Free Online Bible Jigsaw Puzzles
These free interactive jigsaw puzzles use the classic cut JigZone interface, but you can change the cut for an easier or more challenging jigsaw puzzle.
- Free Bible Jigsaw Puzzle - Church is Fun! - 20 pcs
- Bible Jigsaw Puzzle - God's Book - 48 pcs
- Easter Jigsaw Puzzle - 48 pcs
- Garden of Eden Jigsaw Puzzle - 80 pcs
- Am I My Brother's Keeper? Jigsaw Puzzle - 80 pcs
Piece Together These Jigsaw Puzzles Offline
For those who prefer piecing together jigsaw puzzles offline, we'll show you where to find easy to challenging jigsaw puzzles depicting stories from the Bible. An enjoyable activity for the entire family.
At Bible Puzzles for Children, you'll find quality wooden jigsaw puzzles, easy jigsaw puzzles, children's crosswords and word games with Biblical themes. Because of the popularity of the subject, we have an entire section devoted to jigsaw puzzles depicting the story of Noah's Ark, where you'll find easy, 32-piece jigsaw puzzles and floor puzzles for young children as well as 1000-piece jigsaw games for older children and adults. Finally, at Bible Jigsaw Puzzles (500+ pcs), we show you where to find challenging jigsaw puzzles depicting other well-known Bible stories, such as The Last Supper and the Tower of Babel.
Young children who haven't yet learned to read can still benefit from puzzle games and activities. Try these free printable mazes, connect-the-dot puzzles and spot the difference games for a fun activity that doesn't require good spelling or the memorization of vocabulary words.
These Bible Connect-the-Dot puzzles are a fun way for kids to learn and practice their numbers and the Biblical themes will also help reinforce the learning of Scripture. The puzzles are ranked in order of difficulty, starting with the ones with fewer dots and working up.
- Noah Sends Out the Dove Connect the Dots - to 27
- Day of Pentecost Dot to Dot - to 28
- Noah's Ark Dot to Dot - to 36
- Jonah and the Whale Dot to Dot to 40
- Tabernacle Dot to Dot - to 48
- Daniel 6:16 - Lion Dot to Dot - to 60
- Child Praying Dot to Dot - to 72
- Rebekah is Chosen as Isaac's Wife Dot to Dot - to 95
- Jericho's Walls Come Down Dot to Dot - to 96
- David and Goliath Dot to Dot to 115
Bible Maze Puzzles
Solving maze puzzles provides a number of benefits for young children, such as improving concentration as well as strategic planning skills. Some of these puzzles are in Adobe PDF format. If you need to download and install the free Adobe Acrobat reader, click here.
- Bible Story Mazes - The maze puzzles found here are excellent for children at the primary school level. Dozens of free mazes covering Biblical themes from Abraham and Sarah to the story of Zacchaeus are available for you to download.
- Free Printable Mazes - On this page, you'll find dozens of maze puzzles covering various themes from the Bible. Some of these games are very challenging and are best suited to older children.
Here, you'll find trivia quizzes, word scramble puzzles and memory games with a Biblical theme.
Bible Scramble Word Puzzles
These themed anagram games are a fun pastime for children at the elementary school level. Unless indicated otherwise, these games are for printing and solving offline.
- Bible Anagrams - Six different scramble word puzzles can be found here, featuring topics such as Books of the Bible, Women in the Bible, Food in the Bible and more.
- Bible Anagram Quiz - Turn the secular words into Biblical words by rearranging the letters in the puzzle. Play online.
- Bible Word Jumbles - Unscramble the word or phrase related to the Bible. Hint: Many are names, places or books of the Bible. Play online.
- Word Scramble Worksheets - Featured here are dozens of anagram puzzles of varying difficulty levels to print and solve. Subjects include various stories from the Old and New Testament. Solutions are provided.
- LDS Mixed Word Puzzles - Here you'll find puzzles with LDS terms that have been scrambled. Unscramble them to reveal a second puzzle.
Bible Trivia Games
Trivia buffs will enjoy the free online and printable quiz games featured below.
- Bible Quizzes - For trivia fans of all ages, dozens of online trivia quizzes pertaining to the teachings of the Bible. These quiz games can also be printed and solved on paper.
- Bible Quizzes - A large number of online quiz games are featured here, ranging in difficulty from easy to hard.
Bible Logic Puzzles, Memory Games, and More!
- Printable Bible Concentration Memory Game - To play the game, print out up to 12 puzzle cards with a Christian theme, then match the cards to score.
- Bible Hangman Word Game - A fun online Hangman game which uses words from the story of Christ's resurrection.
- Bible Cryptograms - Here, you'll find dozens of cryptogram games which, when solved, spell out a verse in the Bible. These puzzles are best suited to older children and adults.