Whether you're throwing a Halloween party at home for young kids, a school Halloween party or a spooky bash for teens, these black and orange Halloween party food recipes are ideally-suited to the occasion.
Savory Black and Orange Halloween Party Food
Start the party with these orange and black appetizers:
- Black Bean Dip - This dip not only fits the theme, it's actually healthy, too. Serve with raw carrot sticks, tortilla chips or pita bread triangles.
- Crockpot Chili Con Queso Dip - This creamy cheesy dip is an ideal party food, because you can make it and serve it in the slow cooker. It takes only minutes to prepare, and the Crockpot keeps it hot during the party. Serve with yellow or blue corn tortilla chips. The blue tortilla chips will look almost black if the lighting for the party is low.
- Beef and Cheese Nachos - Ground beef and cheddar cheese give these hearty nachos a festive black and orange look for Halloween. Garnish with diced orange peppers and sliced black olives to carry the theme even further.
- Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe - The dip gets its orange color from hot sauce, so it may be a little too spicy for young kids. But school-age children and teens love this recipe, and it makes for a nice savory addition to a sweet-filled Halloween party.
- Ranch Deviled Eggs Recipe - Any kind of deviled eggs would be appropriate for a Halloween party - get it? Deviled eggs? But these ranch deviled eggs are a favorite with kids. They make a great high-protein snack to keep the kids from crashing and burning during trick or treating.
Sweet Orange and Black Halloween Recipes
- Halloween Brownies - Mini marshmallows, chocolate chips and candy corn provide the perfect decoration for these Halloween brownies.
- Halloween Pretzel Kisses - These adorable treats have just three ingredients!
- Graveyard Cake - One of the best things about hosting a Halloween party to me is having an excuse to make this fun graveyard cake. Kids of all ages love decorating and eating it!
- Halloween Cookies - These simple buttery sugar cookies are decorated with orange colored sugar and chocolate sprinkles for an easy-to-make treat the kids will adore.
- Chocolate Popcorn Recipes - Adding chocolate to anything is almost always a good idea in my book, and that certainly proved true when I created this recipe. It's sweet, salty, crunchy and guaranteed to be the hit of your Halloween party.
- Halloween Pretzel Snacks - Pretzel rods are dipped in white chocolate, then rolled in chocolate sprinkles and orange colored sugar in these sweet-salty treats that are as fun to make as they are to eat. Even better: You can make these Halloween snacks in advance. Just refrigerate on a waxed paper-lined tray until you're ready to serve.
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Brownies - A little food coloring in the cream cheese swirl gives these brownies the right orange and black look for a spooky Halloween party. And because this recipe starts with a brownie mix, it's a snap to prepare, too.
- Puppy Chow Recipe - This "puppy chow" Chex mix isn't for dogs. It's a sweet snack mix that is positively addictive! This recipe makes a great treat for Halloween parties or anytime.