This rice salad is made with a generous amount of chopped fresh vegetables and black beans. The lime juice dressing is a simple combination, and it gives the salad fabulous flavor.
Feel free to add about 1/2 cup of cooked corn kernels to the salad for extra color and flavor.
"This was amazing! I took it to a potluck and I've never seen a dish of food disappear so quickly! Rave reviews!" Adrianne
- 1 can (15 ounce) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups cooked long-grain rice, chilled
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
- 2 to 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- fresh chopped parsley or cilantro for garnish, if desired
In a serving bowl, combine the black beans with the cold cooked rice, green and red bell peppers, chopped tomato, and chopped green onion.
In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, Dijon mustard, sugar, cumin, and pepper.
Add the dressing mixture to beans and rice and stir gently to blend ingredients.
Garnish with parsley or fresh chopped cilantro. Cover and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
Toss and serve.
Add about 1/2 cup of cooked whole kernel corn to the salad along with the black beans.
Add a few tablespoons of chopped fresh cilantro to the salad with the vegetables.
Serve the salad on fresh avocado wedges.
Replace the green onion with 3 tablespoons of finely chopped red onion.
You Might Also Like