This is a simple New York strip recipe that uses only a few ingredients. Quick and easy for any weeknight meal, but delicious enough for any party or cookout.
- 6 New York strip steaks
- 2 1/2 tablespoons (40 mL) freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon (10 mL) white pepper
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) sea salt flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (7.5 mL) chili powder
1. Combine black pepper, white pepper, sea salt flakes, and chili powder. Apply a liberal amount of seasoning to both sides of steak.
2. Preheat grill for medium-high heat. Place steaks on grill and cook for 2 minutes, turn and cook for another 2 minutes. Move steaks to a cooler part of the grill and cook indirectly for an additional 5 to 7 minutes, depending on thickness and desired doneness.
3. Once steaks have cooked through, remove from heat and place onto a platter.
Let rest for 3 to 5 minutes before serving.