The Bottom Line
The Blaze 32-Inch is a large, stainless steel gas grill with cast stainless steel burners and good engineering. Reasonably priced, this is a good option for the person looking for this style of gas grill but who doesn't want to spend a lot.
- Complete stainless steel construction
- Durable cast stainless steel burners
- High heat output
- Good quality construction
- Heavy 304 stainless steel rod cooking grates
- Comes with a rotisserie burner, but rotisserie kit is extra
- Rain water gets into the drip pan
- Simple hood thermometer doesn't tell temperature
- Uneven heating
- Four 14,000 BTU 304 cast stainless steel burners
- 552 square inches of primary grilling space for a total cooking area of 738 square inches
- 56,000 BTU total output from the main burners
- 10,000 BTU rear mounted infrared rotisserie burner
- Stainless steel welded rod cooking grates
- Piezoelectric push and turn ignition with gas jet assist
- Heat zone separators divide the cooking space for better temperature control
- Made 443 type stainless steel with 304 stainless exterior components
- Infrared, cast stainless and welded stainless burners available
- Sold propane or natural gas - convertible
- Made by Charter Enterprises in China exclusively for Blaze Grills
Guide Review - Blaze 32-Inch Model# BLZ-4
This grill, like many similar products, is made by Charter Enterprises in China.
The basic structure is almost identical across all these different brands. What separates them is how they are configured and what features they include. Blaze is characterized by cast stainless steel burners, a unique backup ignition system, and standard rotisserie burners on the 4 and 5 burner models (though the rotisserie kit costs extra).
The main components of this grill are good quality. In fact, the flame tamers are amongst the thickest and heaviest in the industry. They help to even the heat and are engineered to last longer than those on many comparable grills. Add to this the cast stainless steel burners and the interior components can be relied upon to last for many years. The exterior body parts of this model are 304 stainless steel and should retain their appearance for many years. Like other Charter made grills, some components are 443 stainless. This is a low nickel (hence less expensive), high-chromium steel alloy. It has the durability and attractiveness of 304 stainless steel but at a more reasonable price. It is partly because of this that the price for the Blaze 32-Inch comes in well below comparable stainless steel grills.
A lot of attention has been given to detail with this grill. There is a unique backup ignition system which is very useful. The legal code requires that all gas grills have an alternative method for lighting the burners that do not require a person to reach inside with a lighter. Typically this is a long metal wire thingy that hangs on a chain on the back of the grill. Blaze grills have a metal tube in the right front corner that draws air towards the burner.
Holding a flame over the opening of this tube while turning on the burner causes the flame to be pulled down, lighting the grill.
Aside from these great features, this grill has a tendency to let rain water into the body of the unit, filling the drip pan. This makes for a messy proposition sometimes and can be an annoyance, though certainly not a major one. The heat, while very high, can be uneven front to back and around the side edges. This is a problem that many gas grills have and an experienced griller will know how to deal with it. Also, while hood mounted thermometers are never an accurate measure of the actual cooking it is a good guide. The thermometer on this grill only reads a general "low, medium, high" sort of setting.
This grill is available as an insert and is part of a wide range of accessories, cabinet options, and extras.