Boldly-hued, with a delightful sweet-tart flavor, blood orange juice turns the standard smoothie sophisticated. This Blood Orange Strawberry Smoothie would be a perfect addition to a Valentine's or Mother's Day brunch menu. Use frozen, unsweetened berries for a frostier smoothie. You can also up the indulgence factor by using frozen yogurt in place of regular yogurt.
- 2 cups (16 ounces) blood orange juice
- 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries, washed and hulled, preferably organic
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) vanilla yogurt, preferably organic
- 2 tbsp honey
- 4 ice cubes
- 4 fresh strawberries, orange slices &/or mint sprigs for garnish (optional)
- Place all ingredients except the ice cubes in a blender and purée until smooth.
- Add the ice cubes and pulse just until they're crushed.
- Pour into 4 glasses. Garnish if desired and serve immediately. Enjoy!
More Gourmet Breakfast Recipes:
- Ham and Gruyère Waffle Tartines
- Creme Brulee French Toast with Drunken Strawberries
- Sweet Potato Latkes with Sour Cream and Applesauce