01 of 06
How to Make a Blue Floral Paper Cut Out Wall Decoration
Is there a spot on your wall that is bare and you just don't have the funds to buy expensive art to cover that space? This beautiful floral wall art paper craft project looks stunning and is so, so easy to make! All you need are some card stock, glue, an electronic digital die cut machine and framing materials. Did I also mention this art work costs very little to make? This paper craft wall decor is a total winner in my mind!
I modified a dingbat font called floralia that can be downloaded... for free on Dafont.com. Dingbats are fonts that are made from pictures and can be used for various types of design and craft projects. These dingbat files can be converted to make awesome digital die cut files. Check out this tutorial from Craftedge.com to learn how!
If you decide to convert dingbats into cutting files, make sure to always respect the copyright wishes of the font designers! Most people are very generous and are willing to share their work for free or for a minimal free, bu you must always be sure to check out the copyright rules first!Continue to 2 of 6 below.
02 of 06
Supplies Required to Make a Blue Floral Paper Cut Out Wall Decoration
Continue to 3 of 6 below.
- 11" x 14" white poster board
- 11" x 14" white mat with a 5" x 7' square hole in middle
- 11" x 14" picture frame
- 12" x 12" sheet of navy blue card stock
- Digital die cut machine
- Glue stick
- *Optional X-acto knife
- Large sheet of scrap paper to protect your surface from glue.
- *Optional Plastic or latex gloves.
- Papercraft spatula and scraper
- Project die cut files
03 of 06
How to Make a Blue Floral Paper Cut Out Wall Decoration Steps 1-5
Continue to 4 of 6 below.
- Download the die cut files required for the blue floral paper here.( ai, eps, jpeg, dxf, wpc, pdf and svg files are included in the download. This download includes files that will work with most electronic die cut machines. If your device requires a different type of file, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will try to help you out!)
- Unzip the files, copy and paste to a storage folder on your computer.
- Upload the appropriate die cut file to your die cut machine software.
- Cut... the floral pattern from navy blue card stock on your digital die cut machine.
- This paper cut is intricate and is easily torn when you remove it from the cutting mat. Take your time and remove it gently with a craft spatula and scraper.
04 of 06
How to Make a Blue Floral Paper Cut Out Wall Decoration Steps 6-9
6. Place the picture mat over the 11" x 14" piece of poster board.
7. Softly trace the center square onto the sheet of poster board underneath with a pencil.
8. Remove the picture mat.
9. Place the paper cuts onto the poster board and make a few paper marks with a pencil as a placement guide.Continue to 5 of 6 below.
05 of 06
How to Make a Blue Floral Paper Cut Out Wall Decoration Steps: 10-15
10. Place a large sheet of scrap paper onto your crafting table to protect your surface from glue.
11. Place the floral cut-outs face down onto the large sheet of scrap paper.
12. Spread a thin layer of glue with the glue stick on the back of the decorative paper cut out.
13. Turn the cut out over and gently place as in the photo above onto the pencil square on the poster board.
14. Press the paper cuts (front sides up) onto the poster board firmly with fingertips.
15. Allow at least two hours for... the glue to dry.
16. After the glue has dried, gently erase the pencil marks with a soft eraser.
* A quick tip: I am sometimes messy when working on art or craft projects. I have found wearing latex gloves helps avoid those dirty smudges, fingerprint and glue disasters!Continue to 6 of 6 below.
06 of 06
How to Make a Blue Floral Paper Cut Out Wall Decoration Steps: 17-19
17. Place the mat over posterboard artwork and onto the back of the picture frame.
18. Place the picture frame back cover over the back of the artwork and secure.
19. Hang your picture on the wall.
Voila! Instant art that hardly costs anything. You've got to love it!