The richness of the cream cheese batter makes these blueberry muffins extra special. A food processor is used in this recipe, but feel free to use an electric mixer instead.
The recipe makes a dozen delicious muffins. Sprinkle the tops with cinnamon sugar before baking if you'd like.
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line the cups of a muffin tin with 12 paper liners. Set aside.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, soda, and salt in a mixing bowl. Whisk or stir to blend well.
- Using metal blade in food processor, process cream cheese, lemon juice, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add eggs and process 15 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the food processor bowl with a spatula.
- With processor running, pour hot melted butter down the food chute gradually, but within 10 seconds. Process 10 seconds longer
- Add milk and process for 5 seconds.
- Add dry ingredients to container and mix with 4 to 6 quick pulses.
- Fold the blueberries into the batter with a spatula.
- Spoon an equal amount of batter into each muffin cup, filling each about 2/3 to 3/4 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool on rack 15 minutes.
You Might Also Like