This basic blueberry jam is made with the addition of pectin. This is an easy jam to prepare, and it's stored in the freezer.
- 3 cups crushed blueberries (about 3 pints of rinsed berries)
- 5 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 package powdered pectin
- 3/4 cup water
- Crush berries in a large bowl; add lemon juice. Stir in sugar and let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a large saucepan, mix pectin with the water; bring to a full boil. Boil, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Pour the hot pectin mixture into the berries; stir for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Pour fruit mixture into freezer containers or small canning jars, leaving 1/2-inch headspace.
- Cover immediately and let stand at room temperature for 24 hours.
- Store in the freezer.
You Might Also Like