Looking for a gift idea that will appeal to your recipient's heart and stomach? Look no further than this Blueberry Muffin Mix in a Jar recipe. Pack this muffin mix in a canning jar and give with instructions for mixing and baking the muffins. The blueberries are dried blueberries, so the recipient only needs to provide the eggs, butter, and milk.
More Food Gift Recipes
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 to 1 cup dried blueberries
- Pour sugar into a 1-quart wide-mouth canning jar.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, soda, and salt; pour half into the jar. Put the dried blueberries into a small lightweight plastic bag; tie or seal and cut off excess bag end, if necessary.
- Add remaining flour mixture. Screw lid on and add a tag with instructions, or tuck instructions into the jar. You can add the dried blueberries right into the mixture without the bag, but they tend to sink into the dry ingredients. The bag will give the mix more of a layered look.
- Include instructions below for muffins with your jarred mix for the perfect gift!
Wild Dried Blueberry Muffins
- 2 eggs
- 4 ounces melted butter
- 1 cup milk or buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 jar blueberry muffin mix with dried blueberries
- Whisk together the eggs, butter, milk or buttermilk, and vanilla. With a wooden spoon, stir in blueberry muffin mix just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spoon batter into greased muffin pans, filling each muffin cup about 3/4 full. If desired, sprinkle tops with sugar or cinnamon sugar. Bake at 375° for about 25 minutes.
- Makes 18 to 24 muffins, depending on size of muffin cups.