The Bottom Line
This model has been discontinued. See my list of the Best Gas Grills Between $250USD and $500 for comparable models.
I could say that this grill is reminiscent of the popular Weber Genesis grills, but instead, I'm just going to say that the Bond Majestic is simply a cheap rip-off. Okay, maybe a little harsh, the Genesis doesn't have 4 burners and rotisserie burner, but the styling of this gas grill is definitely trying to look like a Weber and maybe it will fool a few people, unfortunately.
The Bond Majestic is an overloaded 4-burner grill for around $430 (at least, when sold through Ace Hardware Stores). What is has in the way of features is more than loses out on in quality.
- Full feature gas grill for under $500
- Few plastic parts
- Comes with rotisserie burner, but rotisserie kit sold separately
- Limited construction quality
- BBQTek has a poor reputation for support
- Four 12,000 BTU stainless steel tubular burners
- 492 square inches of primary grilling area for a total cooking area of 659 square inches
- 48,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- 12,000 BTU brass capped side burner under a flush mounted cover
- 12,000 BTU infrared rear mounted rotisserie burner, rotisserie kit sold separately
- Three pieces porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates
- On knob push and turn piezoelectric ignition
- 430 stainless steel and porcelain coated steel construction
- Propane tank, cover, and rotisserie kit sold separately
- Made in China by BBQTek Enterprises and sold at Ace Hardware
Guide Review - Bond Majestic Stainless Steel Propane Model# GSF2818K
BBQTek Enterprises makes a number of grills, mostly under other people's names. These grills get sold at Bond, Better Homes and Garden (BHG), BBQ Grillware, and Perfect Flame.
As a Chinese gas grill importer, BBQTek is very interested in putting grills in stores that people will think are better than they actually are. Obviously, this one was made to look like the copper edition of the Weber Genesis and may find itself sitting on the same floor with that grill, just to try and confuse you.
The Bond Majestic, which is the same as the BHG Gas Grill at Walmart, is a fully loaded 4-burner gas grill with side burner and rear mounted infrared rotisserie burner (you have to buy the rotisserie kit separately). Getting all this, with mostly metal parts, and relatively heavy porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates for around $430 is quite the bargain. I'm betting, however, that you would expect a grill for this price to last you more than a few years. This one probably won't. To hit the price point, BBQTek has used lightweight and low-grade metals to build the fire box and burners. This means corrosion and burn-through (when the ports on the burners expand so that the grill loses pressure and produces poor quality flame) in a short period of time.