- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds boneless pork chops
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 4 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a pie plate or wide, shallow bowl, combine 1/4 cup flour, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Lightly dredge chops in flour mixture. In a heavy skillet, melt butter or margarine over medium heat.
- Brown chops on both sides; transfer to a shallow baking dish.
- In the same skillet, sauté chopped onion, chopped bell pepper, and chopped celery until onion is tender; add mushrooms and continue cooking until onion lightly browns; add remaining 1/4 cup of flour, blending in well.
- Add milk slowly, stirring constantly, until sauce is thickened.
- Taste and season to taste; add lemon juice.
- Pour sauce over chops in baking pan. Cover with foil and bake at 350° for 1 hour.
Serves 4 to 6.
More Pork Chops
Roasted Pork Chops with Potatoes
Pork Chops and Rice
Pork Chops With Chutney Sauce
Pork Chops with Tomatoes and Garlic
Pork Chop and Hash Brown Casserole
Pork Chop and Apple Casserole
Pork Chop Recipe with Sweet Potatoes
Spicy Southwestern Pork Chops
Pork Chop Index
Crockpot Pork Chops
Country Style Ribs