Serve this flavorful pork loin with potatoes and a green vegetable or salad. The leftover pork makes fabulous sandwiches.
Feel free to substitute with apricot preserves or pineapple preserves.
- 1 cup peach preserves
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 boneless pork loin roast, about 3 pounds
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. In a medium saucepan, combine the peach preserves, honey, brown sugar, and lemon. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Set aside.
2. Heat oven to 350° F (180° C/Gas 4). Line a 13-by-9-by-2-inch baking pan with foil.
3. Sprinkle the pork loin all over with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Place the roast, in the prepared pan, fat side up. Roast for 1 hour.
4. Brush the roast all over with the peach glaze mixture.
Continue roasting for about 30 to 40 minutes, brushing with glaze frequently.
5. Let the roast rest for 10 minutes, then slice and serve with the pan juices.
6. Check the temperature with an instant-read thermometer. It should read at least 145° F (62.8 °C) when inserted in the center of the roast. See Meat Temperature Chart and Safe Cooking Tips
You Might Also Like