The Borrachón Cocktail (pronounced: [bo.raˈtʃon]) is a fascinating bourbon cocktail that begins with a special housemade lemonade. It's fantastic on its own but even better in the cocktail. Denzel Heath's Rio Bravo Lemonade is a mix of fresh lemon juice, rooibos tea, pomegranate juice, and cinnamon.
The recipe for the lemonade is below the drink and requires an infusion time of 24 hours to allow all of the flavors to meld perfectly. Once you have this stock lemonade, mixing the cocktail is very easy and you will find that it marries wonderfully with bourbon and ginger.
- Burn the fresh rosemary using a open flame.
- Place into an old-fashioned glass, then fill with ice.
- Build the rest of the ingredients over the ice.
- Stir until mixed and chilled.
- Garnish with rosemary and ginger.
Rio Bravo Lemonade Recipe
Makes 500 ml
- 110ml (3 3/4 ounces) still mineral water
- 110ml (3 3/4 ounces) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 50 gr (1/4 cup) sugar
- 110ml (3 3/4 ounces) rooibos tea
- 110ml (3 3/4 ounces) organic pomegranate juice
- 1 cinnamon quill.
Mix ingredients into a 500ml pitcher with a lid and let it settle for 1 day in the refrigerator.