Seasoned boursin cheese brings new life to traditional mashed potatoes. They may be made in advance and reheated in the oven or microwave.
- 3-1/2 pounds all-purpose potatoes peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 2 packages (5 ounces) Boursin cheese with garlic and herbs softened
- 1/2 cup whole milk or half-and-half, heated
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat and simmer until the potatoes are very tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes in a colander. Return the potatoes to the pot and cook over low heat for 30 seconds or so to evaporate any water that may be remaining on the potatoes.
- With a mixer, beat the potatoes until they are smooth. Add the two rounds of Boursin cheese and continue beating until thoroughly incorporated. Thin the potatoes by beating in the milk or half-and-half. Season the potatoes with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the mashed potatoes to an ovenproof casserole and cover.
You may rewarm the potatoes either by baking in a 350 degree F. oven or by microwaving until piping hot. Serve at once.
Yield: 8 servings
Recipe Source: Butterball Turkey Talk-Line
Reprinted with permission.