Add this tasty braised cabbage dish to a ham dinner or serve with a corned beef brisket. Add sliced onion to the cabbage, or add more carrot strips.
- 1 medium cabbage
- 4 medium carrots, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- Cut the cabbage into wedges, leaving some of the core on each wedge.
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the carrots and saute, stirring, for about 2 minutes.
- Add the cabbage wedges, sprinkle with pepper, and add the chicken broth. Bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 30 to 45 minutes, or until cabbage is tender.
Serves 4 to 6.