This bread machine loaf is made with the addition of garlic, onion, pepper, and Cajun or Creole seasonings. The bread has amazing flavor and makes fabulous sandwiches.
Use the dough cycle if you prefer to make rolls for sandwiches and follow the roll variation. To make a 1 1/2 pound loaf, simply multiply the ingredients by 1.5 or use the table below.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, chopped finely
- 2 teaspoons butter, soft
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cajun or Creole seasoning
- Scant 1/2 teaspoon salt (use about 3/4 teaspoon if your Cajun seasoning is salt-free)
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- Measure all ingredients into machine according to manufacturer's directions for adding ingredients.
- Select basic/white bread cycle. Use medium or dark crust color. (Do not use delay cycles)
- Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.
Sandwich Roll Instructions
- Put the ingredients in the bread machine and choose the dough setting.
- Remove the dough from the machine, divide into about 10 to 12 portions, and shape into rolls.
- Place them on a large lightly greased or parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Cover with a damp kitchen towel and let the rolls rise for about 35 to 45 minutes, or until doubled.
- Just before baking, whisk an egg white with 1 tablespoon of water and brush over each roll.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds, if desired.
- Bake in a preheated 350 F oven for about 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
More Bread Machine Recipes You Might Like: