These mini burger buns are prepared in the bread machine on the dough cycle. Roll the dough out and cut them with a 1 1/2- to 2-inch cutter for a mini size and a 3- to 3 1/2-inch cutter for sliders.
These buns are perfect for small or bite-size pulled pork, turkey burgers, or other sandwich fillings.
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1 large egg
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In a bowl or large cup, whisk together the milk, melted butter, and egg. Place the milk mixture, flour, sugar, 1 teaspoon salt, and yeast in the bread machine in the order suggested by your bread machine manufacturer. Run on dough cycle.
- Remove finished dough to a lightly floured surface. Roll half of the dough to about 1/4-inch to 1/3-inch thickness. Cut out with a 1 1/2- to 3-inch cutter, depending on the size you need. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Arrange on a lightly greased baking sheet about 2 to 3 inches apart. Cover with a towel and let rise until doubled in size, about 30 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 350 F (180 C/Gas 4).
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until nicely browned. Brush tops with a little butter while they're hot. Let cool on rack.
- Split the cooled buns and use for sliders or fill as desired.
You Might Also Like