This breakfast bake is made with hash browns and eggs. The casserole gets loads of flavor from cheese, bell pepper, and diced ham.
- Thaw potatoes between layers of paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- Heat the oven to 425 F (220 C/Gas 7).
- Press potatoes into bottom and up sides of an ungreased 9-inch pie plate; drizzle the melted butter over potatoes.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until lightly browned; cool on a rack for 10 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350 F (177 C/Gas 4).
- Combine ham, cheese, and bell pepper; spoon into potato shell.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper, blending well; pour egg mixture over ham mixture.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until set; let stand for 10 minutes before serving.