The Bottom Line
The only feature on this grill that makes it stand out is the small refrigerator set in the grill cabinet. This brings up my first rule on grill buying, if you don't need it, don't buy it. This small (1.6 cubic foot) refrigerator will make ice and hold some beer, but if this isn't something you don't definitely need, then don't buy this grill. After all, this refrigerator is literally an aftermarket addition, placed in the cabinet with the refrigerator door bolted to the cabinet door.
Aside from the refrigerator, this is a pretty standard Brinkmann grill, large, but low in quality.
- Large grilling area
- It has a refrigerator
- Made from low quality materials including 430 stainless steel
- Thin internal components prone to corrosion
- Problematic support from Brinkmann
- Cheap refrigerator is more gimmick than practical
- Five 11,000 BTU stainless steel tubular burners
- 617 square inches of primary grilling area for a total of 758 square inches of cooking space
- 55,000 BTU maximum output from main burners
- 1.6 cubic foot electric refrigerator
- Porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates
- Body constructed from porcelain coated steel and 430 stainless steel
- On knob piezoelectric igniters with back mounted crossover ignition
- Fold down side tables
- Grill cover, rotisserie kit, and propane tank sold separately
- Made in China by Brinkmann for Home Depot
Guide Review - Brinkmann 5-Burner with Refrigerator Model# 810-9590-S
This model has been discontinued.
This is a large (617 square inch primary cooking area) 5-burner grill. It is a little low in the BTUs and lacks the construction and component quality of similarly priced gas grills (see Top 10 Gas Grills under $500). What is does offer, as its only extra, is a 1.6 cubic foot electric outdoor refrigerator.
Now you can spend a lot of money on outdoor refrigerators that can take the extreme temperature ranges or you can spend as little as $160USD for one that may give you trouble down the road. At a retail price around $500USD for this grill you can probably guess what kind of refrigerator Brinkmann used. If this is a must have feature for you, then you might want to look at this grill, but don't expect it to last long.
The refrigerator in this grill is simply set inside the grill cabinet. The refrigerator door is bolted to the cabinet door. There is no back on this grill so the back of the refrigerator is the back of the grill. You will need to keep the back of the grill turned away from direct sunlight and protect it from the elements as best as you can. This refrigerator is a full feature mini-fridge with a tiny ice box and a mini ice tray included. Aside from that, you can put a few six-packs in there but not much else.
The grill features 5 stainless steel burners that are thin and prone to corrosion. This is definitely a grill that needs to be cleaned regularly and taken care of to get more than a few years of service out of.
This grill violates my primary rule of buying a grill; go with a simple, well built grill that will serve you for many years.
Instead, this grill has an expensive addition that won't add much to your outdoor cooking experience but certainly sounds cool.