The Bottom Line
As of the end of 2015, the Brinkmann Corporation has filed for bankruptcy. Support and availability of parts in now up to the store you purchased your grill at.
This is what we typically call an event grill. For the average backyard cook, it is too limited in function to be of a lot of use. What a grill like this excels at is grilling a lot of burgers, hot dogs, or even steaks, and by a lot I mean a lot.
With 789 square inches of primary cooking space on top of six burners and 72,000 BTUs, this is more like a restaurant grill than a backyard grill. However, it is perfect for the company or group that might need to do a lot of grilling. Be warned that this grill isn't built with the best quality parts and will show rust and deterioration quickly.
- Very large grilling area
- Good event grill
- Poor quality stainless steel parts
- Low construction quality
- Lightweight cooking grates
- Low heat output
- Six 12,000 BTU stainless steel tubular burners
- 789 square inches of primary grilling area for a total cooking area of 966 square inches
- 72,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- Porcelain-coated steel cooking grates
- Stainless steel and enameled steel construction
- Electronic (AA-Battery) ignition
- Open grill design with back mounted windshield
- Folds down side tables
- Propane tank and cover sold separately
- Sold propane only
- Made in China by Brinkmann exclusively for Home Depot
Guide Review - Brinkmann 6-Burner Model# 810-9600-S
First of all the Brinkmann 6-Burner is not a typical backyard gas grill. This is what we generally call an event grill, meaning it is a lidless open grill designed for cooking lots of food at a time.
With 789 square inches of primary grilling space, this is a very large grill and will hold a lot of hamburger patties or hot dogs. It will not slow roast, indirectly cook, or do that kind of cooking. Do not buy this grill if you want anything more than basic grilling. As an event grill, this unit has all the features. The side tables are large, but fold down, and the whole unit packs down for easy transport (though it does weight 108 pounds).
The limitation of this grill is its quality. I would expect private groups or businesses to purchase a gas grill like this for events. This means it will spend a lot of its time sitting in a warehouse or storage space. If it is cleaned, oils, and covered it should last for many years. If it is not taken care of it will rust quickly and fail since the quality of the components is low.