The Bottom Line
This gas grill is large and loaded with features at a discount price (around $200USD). The five burner design evens out the heat under the large cooking surface. With the addition of an infrared side burner for searing (one steak at a time), there is power here. Add in a small smoker box and it would appear that this grill has it all except a rotisserie system. This grill is, however, limited in durability thanks to its reliance on low-quality materials and lightweight construction.
All stainless steel parts, including the tubular burners at 400 series stainless. The knobs and handles are plastic. The "features", like the smoker box are more gimmick than useful. There are certainly better grills out there.
- Full function gas grill for a low price (around $200USD)
- Low-quality materials, including burners
- Lightweight construction
- Smoker box is too small to be of much use
- Five 10,000 BTU stainless steel tubular burners
- 514 square inches of primary grilling space for a total cooking area of 677 square inches
- 50,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- 12,000 BTU ceramic type infrared side burner
- Porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates
- Electric (AA-battery) ignition
- Small front access smoker drawer
- 400 series stainless steel, cast aluminum, and painted sheet metal construction
- Cover and propane tank sold separately
- Manufactured by The Brinkmann Corporation in China and sold exclusively through Home Depot Stores
Guide Review - Brinkmann 5-Burner Model# 810-4535-S
This model has been discontinued.
This is a simple and basic gas grill for a good price. At around $200USD this Home Depot exclusive Brinkmann gas grill is sure to be popular amongst those who don't do their research. The 5 stainless steel (400 series stainless) burners give you a lot of versatility in grilling both direct and indirect, but 5 burners is overkill.
This grill has 5 burners in an attempt to even out the heat, but it just means a lot of knobs to turn. The large primary grilling space provides ample cooking space and the 50,000 BTU output will give you plenty of heat. With the 12,000 BTU ceramic type infrared side burner can be used to sear a steak or heat a pot (though not ideal for this. This unit only lacks a full rotisserie system (though can get a spit and fork rotisserie rod for it).
Listed among the "features" of this grill is a front load smoker box. This tiny little tray sits inside the grill between the two right most burners. While it will produce some smoke, that smoke won't stay in the grill thanks to the large open space in the back of the grill. Unless foods are placed directly on top of this smoker box the smoke flavor will not be noticeable.
Unfortunately, this grill is built with low-quality materials like the 430 stainless steel tubular burners and the plastic knobs and handles. The lightweight construction doesn't improve the quality either. There are many better quality gas grills near this price range that you should look into before this grill.