The Bottom Line
This model has been discontinued. For a list of comparable products, see my list of the Best Gas Grills between $250 and $500.
All in all, this grill gives you some nice features for the price. It is also one of the few grills at this level with 4 main burners. The cast iron burners will require some care but distribute good heat. The side table ice chest may be nothing more than a novelty for many but it's a cute feature.
Support from Brinkmann on this grill is virtually non-existent. If you have problems you may not be able to get them fixed and some parts are simply unavailable.
- High BTU rating for the size
- Lots of internal storage space
- Weak welded cart design
- Thin metal construction doesn't hold a lot of heat in
- Replacement parts difficult to get
- Poor customer support
- Four cast iron burners deliver a total 40,000 BTUs
- Porcelain vaporization "sear plate" barrier
- 12,000 BTU side burner with cast brass insert
- Porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates
- Side table ice chest with drain
- Stainless steel doors and drawer with welded steel frame
- 550 square inches total cooking space
- Pull-out tank drawer
- Electronic igniter
- Made in China by The Brinkmann Corporation
Guide Review - Brinkmann Pro Series 2600
As far as basic gas grills around $500 go this is a descent grill off the showroom floor.
Unfortunately several people have told me about rusting burner and failing control valves. The four independently controlled cast iron burners give you a high level of versatility. For instance, you can indirectly grill with heat on two sides which is good for even cooking of large items. Much of the rest of the grill is pretty standard.
I have to say that I'm not too thrilled with the cast brass cap that covers the cast iron side burner. This will simply cover a rusting piece of metal. Cast iron needs to be coated and not hidden so you'll take care of it.
There are a few variations of this grill available at several stores so if this is your choice, shop around, you're bound to find it on sale.
Be warned that Brinkmann offers very little real support. If a burner fails they may tell you that while the warranty includes burners, the burner isn't actually a burner, its part of the frame and not covered. Also the warranty doesn't cover burners that rust out. I have had more complaints about Brinkmann Grills than any other unit.