As of the end of 2015, the Brinkmann Corporation has filed for bankruptcy. Support and availability of parts are now up to the store where you purchased it.
This basic unit offers you a full feature gas grill at a discount price (around $170USD). The four-burner design gives you lots of versatility in your cooking. With the addition of a side burner, you can do virtually anything but rotisserie. This grill is, however, limited in durability thanks to is reliance on low-quality materials and lightweight construction.
All stainless steel parts, including the tubular burners at 400 series stainless. The knobs and handles are plastic. Aside from this, the grill is a basic unit with little else which is actually an advantage, less to go wrong.
- Low priced 4-burner grill (around $170)
- Low-quality materials, including burners
- Lightweight construction
- Low and uneven heat
- Four 10,000 BTU stainless steel (400 series) tubular burners
- 446 square inches of primary grilling space for a total cooking area of 643 square inches
- 40,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- 12,000 BTU standard side burner under a flush mounted cover
- Porcelain-coated cast iron cooking grates
- Piezoelectric ignition
- 400 series stainless steel and porcelain coated sheet metal construction
- Cover and propane tank sold separately
- Available in propane only - not convertible
- Manufactured in China by The Brinkmann Corporation and sold exclusively through Home Depot Stores
This is a simple and basic gas grill for a good price. At around $170USD, this Home Depot exclusive Brinkmann gas grill is sure to be popular amongst those who don't do their research. The 4 stainless steel (400 series stainless) burners give you a lot of versatility in grilling both direct and indirect.
The 446 square inches of primary grilling space provide plenty cooking space, but the 40,000 BTU output is a little low for the size. With the 12,000 BTU side burner, you get the ability to do virtually any cooking task. This unit only lacks a full rotisserie system (though you can get a spit and fork rotisserie rod for it).
This grill is a basic, lightweight (around 62 pounds) grill. This is actually an advantage. Without lots of gimmicks that can go bad, this is just a simple grill. I would rather it was a smaller 3-burner system with the money put into better quality parts, but these days bigger is a popular sales gimmick.
Unfortunately, this grill is built with low-quality materials like the 430 stainless steel tubular burners and the plastic knobs and handles. The lightweight construction doesn't improve the quality either. There are many better quality gas grills but at this price, it isn't that bad of a choice as long as you don't expect it to last more than a few years.